Situation's Normalish (even if Yahoo

Kat/Selina

So its about 10:30AM (Pacific Time Zone) and yup... still can join Yahoo Groups. Once joined, I can still see any photos, files or links in that group. Nothing has changed.

A quote from this Discord user pretty much sums it up:
We're now in Corporate Mystery Time: they could shut off access at any time, either in full or in part, and include an unknown set of other feature changes. (Will the subscribe/owner/unsub emails still work? We don't know!) We can hope that they're afflicted with the slowdown that hits most large companies this month - a third of every department is likely to be taking extra vacations - and that Yahoo Groups will be mostly untouched for a while.

As an aside, I am finding that Yahoo is throwing up more errors for me, when I click the final "Join Group" button. The funny thing is, if I press "Cancel" to shut the popup modal and then refresh the group page, it shows that I have in fact joined. So the errors essentially mean nothing.

-Tapping CAPTCHAs like a mofo
Selina

Andrew Ferguson

We (Archive Team) have just found in the last hour or so that the photos API has gone down and so we can't download any photos or photo albums from groups. (Maybe it's a temporary outage? But it's probably unlikely to come back up).

But joining still works, even if it says it doesn't, and we can still get files and attachments. We're not going to stop until there's nothing left.

On 16/12/2019 18:31, Kat/Selina via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Thanks for that update. I had wondered how the download part of all this was going post-12/14/2019 . The photo download part remains an obstacle... :/

Nightowl >8#

Exactly! Keep archiving any way you can no matter how slow or hard.

Don't anyone do anything rash. Do not pay anyone to rescue archives, people were doing it for free!

I'm trying to find out more. We need to all get one place where we can see each other's threads, so if anyone is having problems, point them here.

I still have a plan. Trust me.

Nightowl >8#