Attention Duane, Tyger, Shal, and everyone else

Nightowl >8#

Duane,

I again remembered to check the special notice box, but it would be nice if I didn't have to remember that in here all the time because I need to start a dialogue in here with you about the database feature and get some information regarding the comparison to the one we had in MM. So would you consider changing your e-mail delivery for awhile?

I need to get the database enabled on here, so you can check it out here as well, and see if there are ways to move any of the databases from MM to here? You and Tyger are the ones who made it over there, does that mean I can't move it?

Also you and Tyger are the ones that know what Yahoo users needed in the database, I think. Or did Matthew work on it too? Man, I can't remember anything.

I'm trying to remember where Mark said to e-mail him to get the database enabled. I might have to go back and look in the messages.

I also need to figure out if we can move the files from MM to here. You might need Shal for that, because I think both you and Tyger have left, but Shal is still there.

This is the moment I've been waiting for, the day when I can actually go tell MM that we have a working Database, photo albums, and more. But I need help to define things for them.

Thanks in advance,

Brenda

Duane <txpigeon@...>

No need to send a Special Notice. I'll see it online as soon as I'd see it in email and it won't clutter my Inbox.

Send an email to markf @ corp.groups.io and ask that the group(s) be added to the BETA testing. Be sure to give the actual group name(s). (I spaced the email address so it shows correctly in the archives online. Otherwise it would be truncated same as on Yahoo.)

You or another moderator on Yahoo can export a database to a file on your computer, then add the information into one here. As far as I know, there are no plans to import databases from Yahoo directly.

You can also copy any files on Y over here, using your computer as the intermediary.

Nightowl >8#

Duane wrote:>> No need to send a Special Notice. I'll see it online as soon as I'd see it in email and it won't clutter my Inbox.<<

Okay, I didn't know if you were going to follow in here and in Hollow Tree online. Thanks

Duane wrote:>>Send an email to markf @ corp.groups.io and ask that the group(s) be added to the BETA testing. Be sure to give the actual group name(s). (I spaced the email address so it shows correctly in the archives online. Otherwise it would be truncated same as on Yahoo.)<<

I did that, and Mark has enabled the database on here. I'll check in a minute, but he sent me the e-mail that it was done.

Duane wrote:>>You or another moderator on Yahoo can export a database to a file on your computer, then add the information into one here. As far as I know, there are no plans to import databases from Yahoo directly.<<

Ok. I talked to Matthew and he can get into the database. My concern had been that if you or Tyger had created it, you might be the only ones who would be able to copy it and move it. And I want it copied, not removed from MM.

Duane wrote:>> You can also copy any files on Y over here, using your computer as the intermediary.<<

Okay, I'll talk to John or Matthew about that too.

Thanks,

Brenda

Duane <txpigeon@...>

I've gotten into a routine now. When I go to the site (I stay signed in for the full 30 days allowed), I use https://groups.io/ to see if there are any pending posts or members on any of my groups. Once that's taken care of, I click on the All button to the left. That brings up a list of the threads of all the groups I'm in, newest first, so I can scroll down and start reading around the time I was last on. This is where it would be really nice to have the date and time instead of 'x minutes ago' or 'y hours ago'. Works fine as long as I'm at home, but I tend to get behind when I'm off wandering around in my RV. ;>)

Duane

Nightowl >8#

Duane wrote:>>I've gotten into a routine now. When I go to the site (I stay signed in for the full 30 days allowed), I use https://groups.io/ to see if there are any pending posts or members on any of my groups...<<

Okay, thanks for explaining that to me. :)

I'm trying to stay signed in all day, (unless I turn the computer off for storms or because I leave), but I get alerted because mail comes in to my Thunderbird client. Then I archive it in either XXTo Read or XXTo Answer or XXPosts, & come read it on here now. Unless it's Yahoo mail...then I have to read it there. Grrrr.

Brenda