ATTENTION OWL - Yahoo preparing to prevent unmoderated joins

Andrew Ferguson

Hello all,

Today a member of Archive Team received the an email from Yahoo about Groups. It's quite similar to one that was sent out in October. Of particular importance is:

"Users can now only join a Yahoo Group through an invite or group request approval by the Group Moderator."

Obviously if this change actually goes ahead (for now we seem to still be able to join groups), it will stop all of our efforts to join any groups for archiving.

Nightowl, I'd appreciate if you could communicate to your Verison contact how important it is to us that we be able to join groups right up until the shutdown date. This is particularly important for groups where the moderator is no longer active (what I believe is a majority of groups, although I don't have the numbers to back this up), as you can't get moderator approval for a group that has no moderator! For everyone else, this may be your last chance(!!) to join groups, which is necessary to access the files / photos in most groups, and the messages in some groups.

Andrew (member of Archive Team)

Nightowl >8#

Forwarding it to my contact!

On 12/6/2019 2:03 PM, andrewferguson500@... wrote: