groups.io

Marvin Hunkin <startrekcafe@...>

[Marvin, I edited the first part of your message because there is nothing we can do about individual group owners rules on either Groups IO or Yahoo. Group owners set their own rules. - Nightowl ]

Yahoo groups, head of accessibility, Darrin burton, supposed to improve yahoo groups, and the y-accessibility@..., has been hacked and full of spam.

(Need) More security with yahoo groups.

Also yahoo mail could be a whole more accessible to screen readers.

It is not, the last time I checked.

Marvin

Nightowl >8#

Marvin, I'm curious about Darrin Burton. Can you give me anymore information about who he is, or how to contact him?

Shal -- Have you heard of this person or this Yahoo group Marvin mentioned?

Brenda

Duane <txpigeon@...>

I'm not Marvin or Shal, but found some info on Darren (3rd one down):
http://yahooaccessibility.tumblr.com/OurTeam

Duane

Brenda,

Shal -- Have you heard of this person or this Yahoo group Marvin
mentioned?
No, I don't think so. The group seems to be low traffic but not a spam haven, perhaps it has been cleaned up since last Marvin looked. Darren posted as recently as April 4th, concerning an improvement to the screen-reader accessibility of Role changing in the Manage Members list.

The group's home page also points to a page for Yahoo's Accessibility efforts:
https://accessibility.yahoo.com/

-- Shal