Topics

How Are You All Doing With The Sheltering In Place Order

Nightowl >8#

Hey all,

The government and health experts are telling us to communicate any safe way we can, so I thought I would open up a discussion in here about how everyone is coping with the Shelter In Place Order. I'm going to open a similar one in Sanctuary, you can participate in one or both of them, or none at all.

I'll go first.

John already works at home, so that was not an issue for us emotionally or financially. He isn't able to eat out, but he's getting food to fix at home here, and also getting take out when that works for his schedule.

Fortunately, I'm more of a stay-at-home owl anyway, so that isn't too bad for me either. I certainly have a lot to do here, still sorting through tons of paper work, photos, cards and other things from Mom's house. Man, she saved all the cards anyone ever sent her, I think. I have done the same for the most part except with Christmas cards, because sometimes I cut those up to decorate things with.

I'm allowed to go to Mom's house to check on it every few days and get the mail that sometimes stubbornly refuses to be forwarded to Jerry's house, but John and I worked both on the weekend and on Tuesday (because he was off work, more in a minute), and got the basement stabilized where nothing falls anymore, and got a lot of stuff done both there AND here to help me with the sorting and storing process.

John was off on Tuesday, because I was supposed to go see the new teethy doctor for my consultation. But they cancelled it for at least another 4 weeks. Fortunately, the dr looked at my X-rays and said it shouldn't start hurting before he can get to it.

We can still go to Target and the grocery store, office store, etc. for things when needed, and are careful when we do. I mostly miss tBarnes and Noble and Michael's, but at least I got my Rise Of Skywalker Star Wars book delivered, and there are more coming out on March 31st, I think.

I frequently wish I could stop working on Mom's stuff and work my new puzzle, or curl up and just read Rise Of Skywalker, but I have to have some sort of balance, and I realize that. God may have sent me a signal though, because everyone has been telling me to slow down and not wear myself out. Well, yesterday I fell on my rear trying to clean the shower, and that has definitely slowed me down. ;) Nothing seriously hurt, just definitely sore.

That's how I'm coping. How is everyone else doing?

Brenda

V.

At 12:56 PM 3/26/2020 -0700, Nightowl >8# wrote:
<snip>
John was off on Tuesday, because I was supposed to go see the new teethy doctor for my consultation. But they cancelled it for at least another 4 weeks. Fortunately, the dr looked at my X-rays and said it shouldn't start hurting before he can get to it.
<snip>

Sympathies on the tooth issue.  You don't say exactly what's wrong, but this is something everyone should know during times like these:

Take a capful of regular hydrogen peroxide, pour it into your mouth, then hold it against the bad tooth for 30 seconds or whatever you can manage.  If the problem is infection, the peroxide kills it.  I've been doing that with a broken tooth for years because I can't afford to fix it.  Anytime my broken-off tooth starts to hurt and drip poison into my mouth, I know I've been forgetting the peroxide.  My bad tooth is an upper tooth so holding the peroxide on it requires some facial contortion, but it always works.

Good luck to you.

V.

:)

--