just jumped from yahoo M&M group - this link https://groups.io/g/sanctuary does not work

maureen reschly

Thanks for showing me the IO platform - moving my group now!

Nightowl >8#

No problem, glad to help.

The link is missing two letters. It should be this:
https://groups.io/g/MMsanctuary

Brenda

maureen reschly

Wow that's weird!  I got this letter after joining the IO group but when I clicked on the first link it gets me to a page that says this page doesnt exist and voila'..the 2 m's have disappeared- here you try and tell me if i'm crazy! Thanks!

MMsanctuary Group <MMsanctuary+owner@groups.io>

7:52 PM (48 minutes ago)
to me
Hello,

Welcome to the sanctuary group at Groups.io, a free, easy-to-use email group service. Please take a moment to review this message.

To learn more about the sanctuary group, please visit https://groups.io/org/groupsio/MMsanctuary

To start sending messages to members of this group, simply send email to MMsanctuary@groups.io

To see and modify all of your groups, go to https://groups.io

Regards,

The sanctuary Moderator

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Feathered Leader <featheredleader@...> wrote:
No problem, glad to help.

The link is missing two letters. It should be this:
https://groups.io/g/MMsanctuary

Maureen,

You aren't crazy, I forwarded the problem to Mark. No worries. :)

Brenda

maureen,

Wow that's weird! I got this letter after joining the IO group but
when I clicked on the first link it gets me to a page that says this
page doesnt exist and voila'..the 2 m's have disappeared- here you try
and tell me if i'm crazy! Thanks!
You're not crazy, the group's Welcome text is.

I think someone renamed the group some time ago, but didn't manage to update the URL under that link text. I'd fix it for you, but changing group settings isn't a privilege I have.

-- Shal
Honorary MMsanctuary moderator
Owner: https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

Nightowl >8#

Shal,

I fixed it, I hadn't checked the right modify settings button.

I changed it for both you and Duane.

Please fix this if you can.

Thanks!

Duane <txpigeon@...>

Done!

Duane

Nightowl >8#

Duane wrote:>> Done!<<

Thanks!

It's been an absolutely crazy day. People are saying Yahoo is breaking everywhere, and I've been experiencing it too. So I was trying to give people the option to come over here and save their groups, and several have already come.

On top of that, I've been trying to move the photos over, and I can only do it one by one. I had to delete all the files in order for Mark to let me recreate my MM subgroup so they aren't back up here yet, and it's been a bit overwhelming today!

John managed to rescue my membership list at least, in CSV format, so I have that.

Man, it's like an earthquake is happening on Yahoo.

Brenda

Duane <txpigeon@...>

I made a little tweak this morning. I changed the link so it uses the new format for the group URL, https://groups.io/g/MMsanctuary. The old one is redirected to the new one, but this should make it a bit cleaner and a fraction of a second faster.

I sure am glad I don't have to deal with Y! any more. ;>)

Duane