Topics

Still not displaying new posts in 2020 to me

lawrence rayburn

This is what I see on MMsanctuary.groups.io home page.......

You don't have any activity this year, Marlin?

Message History

  Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2020 89 14 2 2 1 2

Nightowl >8#

Edited

Sir,

I do not know who Marlin is, but he doesn't own this group. I do.

My mother died in January of 2020, and there has been very little activity in here since then.

This group is simply a way station for people to come join to communicate about finding alternatives to Yahoo Groups, which now has announced they are closing Yahoo Groups in December.

The reason you can't see posts in here is there haven't been any.

If you tell me what you are looking for, or who, I'll try and direct you to it.

Thanks,

Owner/Moderator MM Sanctuary

Elizabeth McKenzie

Good to hear from you, Brenda!  How are you doing?

Elizabeth

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 1:14 AM Nightowl >8# <featheredleader@...> wrote:
Sir,

I do not know who Marlin is, but he doesn't own this group. I do.

My mother died in January of 2020, and there has been no activity in here since at least some time before that.

This group is simply a way station for people to come join to communicate about finding alternatives to Yahoo Groups, which now has announced they are closing Yahoo Groups in December.

The reason you can't see posts in here is there haven't been any.

If you tell me what you are looking for, or who, I'll try and direct you to it.

Thanks,

Owner/Moderator MM Sanctuary

Nightowl >8#

Elizabeth McKenzie wrote:>>Good to hear from you, Brenda! How are you doing?<<

Hi Elizabeth!

I'm coping, I guess. My SIL just got diagnosed with COVID19 and I'm praying that it doesn't become serious. Right now she's at home.

It's been a strange year, for sure. And I've been having to go through Mom's stuff mostly without help right now, because I don't want to risk anyone getting sick or vice versa.

How are you coping with COVID?

Brenda

Elizabeth McKenzie

I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL.  Hopefully she'll get through fine and no one else in the family will get it.

It has been strange, for sure.  Everything is changing.  Just when we could have benefited most from our groups, Verizon gunned them down.  A lot of people have met playing FarmVille together for years and years, too, and they're shutting it down.  I think Big Tech has made their money and they're no longer interested in you if you're not a big company made out of money.

Same as you, sorting my mother's things has come to a halt except for the things that I can lift.  I work from home and I've barely been out since all this started except to the store and to eat with my daughter and her husband once a week.  We wear masks and use hand sanitizer and hope for the best.

Are you going somewhere else online when it all goes down or are we all just going to say a fond farewell?

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 1:20 AM Nightowl >8# <featheredleader@...> wrote:
Elizabeth McKenzie wrote:>>Good to hear from you, Brenda!  How are you doing?<<

Hi Elizabeth!

I'm coping, I guess. My SIL just got diagnosed with COVID19 and I'm praying that it doesn't become serious. Right now she's at home.

It's been a strange year, for sure. And I've been having to go through Mom's stuff mostly without help right now, because I don't want to risk anyone getting sick or vice versa.

How are you coping with COVID?

Elizabeth McKenzie wrote:>>I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL. Hopefully she'll get through fine and no one else in the family will get it.<<

So far, she's the only one. My brother is taking care of her, so I'm concerned about him, but I have to just hope he does everything right and doesn't get sick.

Daddy is 97, and he's at the Veteran's Home. I got to see him for the first time last month, 6 feet apart, since March. We've done Facetime a couple times, but it's strange.

I haven't seen my brother in months, and only saw my SIL briefly on Sept 26th to exchange items (using smart social distancing).

And I haven't seen my sister since March either, she's in Illinois and shouldn't come here right now.

Elizabeth wrote:>> It has been strange, for sure. Everything is changing. Just when we could have benefited most from our groups, Verizon gunned them down. ..<<

True, but at least we still have here, and Yahoo is even touting groups.io as an alternative for when they close Ygroups down completely.

Elizabeth wrote:>> Same as you, sorting my mother's things has come to a halt except for the
things that I can lift. <<

Refresh my memory, when did your Mom die? Lifting things isn't really the problem. It's emotionally hard to go through the stuff she wrote, kept, saved, etc. without the support I had in January and February. Plus there is a lot of it. I don't think we're going to get the house cleared by the end of the year anymore, unless we find another way to move things elsewhere. My house is already full of her stuff for me to sort through.

Elizabeth wrote:>>I work from home and I've barely been out since all this started except to the store and to eat with my daughter and her husband once a week. We wear masks and use hand sanitizer and hope for the best.<<

Yep, John already worked at home, and I go out once in awhile with him to things like the Office Max, Target, Hallmark, Michael's and Barnes and Noble. But mostly he does groceries and general shopping. And he touches most things, I try not to.

My friend also is still coming over on Fridays and we are doing our best to social distance some, but she is also being really careful and helps her elderly parents.

Elizabeth wrote:>> Are you going somewhere else online when it all goes down or are we all
just going to say a fond farewell?<<

Well, we're here, aren't we? ;) I don't plan to shut this group down, or Hollow Tree on io either. But Yahoo groups will cease to exist, so it will no longer be an option.

You take care & stay safe!

Brenda

wrote:

Elizabeth McKenzie wrote:>>Good to hear from you, Brenda! How are you
doing?<<

Hi Elizabeth!

I'm coping, I guess. My SIL just got diagnosed with COVID19 and I'm
praying that it doesn't become serious. Right now she's at home.

It's been a strange year, for sure. And I've been having to go through
Mom's stuff mostly without help right now, because I don't want to risk
anyone getting sick or vice versa.

How are you coping with COVID?

Brenda

Diane Arthurs

Good to hear from you Brenda.
Where are you located? I'm in London, Ontario, Canada. London is still fairly safe but Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal Ontario are all hot spots. It's a worry for me as I have an adult grandson as well as a step-family living in Ottawa and one grandson in Montreal. We are all doing our best to stay well. Praying that your SIL gets better quickly.
Diane in Canada

Elizabeth McKenzie wrote:>>Good to hear from you, Brenda! How are you doing?<<

Hi Elizabeth!

I'm coping, I guess. My SIL just got diagnosed with COVID19 and I'm praying that it doesn't become serious. Right now she's at home.

It's been a strange year, for sure. And I've been having to go through Mom's stuff mostly without help right now, because I don't want to risk anyone getting sick or vice versa.

How are you coping with COVID?

Diane Arthurs wrote:>> Good to hear from you Brenda. Where are you located? I'm in London, Ontario, Canada. <<

I'm in St. Louis, MO. And I assume you know that the USA hasn't managed to get the COVID19 mess under control.

I know parts of Canada were doing well, because we got to have the end of our NHL season in the Canada bubble. ;)

Diane wrote:>>London is still fairly safe but Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal Ontario are all hot spots. It's a worry for me as I have an adult grandson as well as a step-family living in Ottawa
and one grandson in Montreal. We are all doing our best to stay well.<<

Didn't know there was a town called London in Canada. :) Learn something new every day!

Diane wrote:>>Praying that your SIL gets better quickly.<<

Thanks. I'll pray for you and your family to stay safe. I feel bad that I haven't reached out to people much this year, not even online. Losing Mom was so....surreal, it completely changed my life. And that was BEFORE Covid made the scene.

Thanks for caring,

Brenda

Funnily enough, Brenda and Diane, my maternal grandmother had distant cousins in London, Ontario, with whom she always kept in touch( we are from the UK, so I assume they had emigrated at some point). When she passed away, we lost touch and they may not even be with us by now. I wish I could remember who they were!

Keep well,
Robert.

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2

[...]

She died 7 years ago tomorrow, actually.  I didn't get the luxury of leaving things in place until I could sort them, so everything had to be packed immediately the best I could.  As with your mother, there is a lot of it.  Dealing with a lot of heavy furniture and a lot of steps, so right now it just has to stay where it is.

I'm so glad you're keeping Sanctuary and Hollow Tree open.  Even though our original cause is lost, you fought a tremendous fight and we all appreciate our Owlsy.

Elizabeth

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 4:12 AM Nightowl >8# <featheredleader@...> wrote:
> [...]

just going to say a fond farewell?<<

Well, we're here, aren't we? ;) I don't plan to shut this group down, or Hollow Tree on io either. But Yahoo groups will cease to exist, so it will no longer be an option.

You take care & stay safe!

Brenda

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 1:20 AM Nightowl >8# <featheredleader@...>
> wrote:
>
> > Elizabeth McKenzie wrote:>>Good to hear from you, Brenda!  How are you
> > doing?<<
> >
> > Hi Elizabeth!
> >
> > I'm coping, I guess. My SIL just got diagnosed with COVID19 and I'm
> > praying that it doesn't become serious. Right now she's at home.
> >
> > It's been a strange year, for sure. And I've been having to go through
> > Mom's stuff mostly without help right now, because I don't want to risk

Diane Arthurs

Brenda, my London Ontario Canada is an hour away from Port Huron in Detroit Michigan.
Diane

[...]

Robert, once in awhile on our London Freecycle group, there will be a post from someone in London England offering something free. I don’t know how the mix up happens but we all have a good chuckle over it – especially when the post says “no delivery, pick up only.”

Diane

[...]

Haha Diane, I love that. The wonders of modern technology!

Cheers,
Robert.