Washington Post Article Is Up

Tom N5GAR

Caution - this article has a troll under the bridge that wants to collect. (Articles like this should be advertiser supported.)

Nightowl >8#

On 12/12/2019 7:24 PM, Tom N5GAR wrote:>>> Caution - this article has a troll under the bridge that wants to collect. (Articles like this should be advertiser supported.)<<

Sorry Tom, I don't know what you mean. Can you clarify?

Brenda

Tom N5GAR

Selecting the link provided sends a web page that does not show the article. It shows opportunities to pay for newspaper services.
Is there another link that will give me the article, or maybe a .pdf file of the article?

On Friday, December 13, 2019, 1:02:25 AM CST, Nightowl >8# <featheredleader@...> wrote:

On 12/12/2019 7:24 PM, Tom N5GAR wrote:>>> Caution - this article has a
troll under the bridge that wants to collect. (Articles like this should
be advertiser supported.)<<

Sorry Tom, I don't know what you mean. Can you clarify?

Tom N5GAR wrote:>> Selecting the link provided sends a web page that
does not show the article. It shows opportunities to pay for newspaper
services.Is there another link that will give me the article, or maybe a
.pdf file of the article?<<

That's weird, WAPO gives you 5 free articles a month to read.

Try this link here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/12/11/these-crusaders-want-preserve-human-culture-online-their-latest-target-yahoo-groups/

Let me know if it works.

Brenda

David Halfpenny

On 13 Dec 2019, at 07:33, Tom N5GAR <tom.blackwell@...> wrote:

Selecting the link provided sends a web page that does not show the article. It shows opportunities to pay for newspaper services.
Is there another link that will give me the article, or maybe a .pdf file of the article?

Tom,

The link took me straight to the article, once I’d paused AdBlock on that page.
But I noticed that the site also tried to load a different page over the top of it, which is probably what you saw. I didn’t because Kasperski stopped it.

(Traditional newspapers are between a rock and a hard place.
Because I haven’t the slightest interest in them - only in the news - I subscribe to just one paper (exactly as I would for Print) and get the rest of my news from the BBC.)

David

On Friday, December 13, 2019, 1:02:25 AM CST, Nightowl >8# <featheredleader@...> wrote:

On 12/12/2019 7:24 PM, Tom N5GAR wrote:>>> Caution - this article has a
troll under the bridge that wants to collect. (Articles like this should
be advertiser supported.)<<

Sorry Tom, I don't know what you mean. Can you clarify?

Brenda

Tom N5GAR

I got it.

I hope this article gets the attention it deserves.