Topics

sticky Welcome to the Sanctuary

RS

I stumbled across this while doing a search on Twitter about Yahoo Groups.  Groupsio was started by Mark Fletcher, who started the original ONElist, which was later bought up by Yahoo.  Judging by the work here, he still gets what users want.  I hope you find this as reminiscent of the good old days as I do.  Holler if you need help trying a feature.

Man does this look and feel better. Plain and simple trumps fancy functionality any day with me.

Matthew

RS

Agreed, I am pretty over the moon about it.  Wikis, G+ Hangouts, FB integration...they really got this right so far.  This reply feature works well too.

Nightowl >8#

Okay, finally an easier way to talk to you, Tyger!

Here's my biggest problem with setting this up right now,  I have been swamped with Mom and Dad, so I need help to run this. Matthew said he would be a mod also, how do I make him one?

RS

Click on his profile and you should be able to do it from there.  It's not on the members page as a control, but doing it from the profile works okay.

RS

Correction, go to the members list and click on the name.  My bad.

Nightowl >8#

Tyger? I have to run off for about an hour or so, I hope you'll still be around when I get back. It's 5:48 p.m. Central time here.

Gotta get Mom home from seeing Dad.

Brenda

RS

I'll be on later tonight, I do have to run away for awhile myself. Probably closer to midnight. Either of you please feel free to do as you will while testing this group out. :) Cheers, Tyger

Most of the features we liked about Classic Groups, with none of the hassles of "Neo". I definitely like it.

Nightowl >8#

Okay, I'm back. I'm going to see if I can change the Sanctuary name to the MMSanctuary first, then Mark gave me permission to spread the word.

Hear that, Matthew? ;)

Brenda

Very nice.