Topics

YahooGroups Data Still Not Arrived

Morgan Dawn

Dozens of us submitted GetMyData requests on Jan 29, 30 and 31 but have not received any data back yet. I reached out to Yahoo Customer Care on Twitter who refused to help. They directed me to the 'feedback' forum which clearly states: "This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues."

Twitter: https://twitter.com/morgandawn6/status/1226557998379630593
Forum: https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/39670045-help-i-submitted-my-yahoo-group-data

In this Dec 10, 2019 tweet Yahoo/Verizon promised:
Yahoo Customer Care

@YahooCare
·

We have extended the deadline for Yahoo Groups and will now process ALL requests to download data that are submitted before 11:59 PM PT on Jan 31, 2020 (originally Dec 14). As long as the request meets this deadline, the content will not be deleted until the download is complete.

kr402

typical of Yahellooooo! to not hold to their word.

KR

On Sunday, February 9, 2020, 9:58 AM, morgandawn@... wrote:

Dozens of us submitted GetMyData requests on Jan 29, 30 and 31 but have not received any data back yet. I reached out to Yahoo Customer Care on Twitter who refused to help. They directed me to the 'feedback' forum which clearly states: "This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues."

morgandawn,

Dozens of us submitted GetMyData requests on Jan 29, 30 and 31 but
have not received any data back yet.
That might be just a backlog of requests to work through.

I reached out to Yahoo Customer Care on Twitter who refused to help.
They directed me to the 'feedback' forum ...
That was the wrong advice. A prior email from Yahoo about the download deadline said this:

For additional support, users can email
YahooGroupsEscalations@...
and our team will troubleshoot any issues.
Shal

morgandawn,

Dozens of us submitted GetMyData requests on Jan 29, 30 and 31 but
have not received any data back yet.
I also forgot to say, don't rely solely on the promised email notification. Check back at the Get My Data page periodically to see if it has updated.

Shal

Morgan Dawn

Thank you for the contact email. We all have been checking the GMD directly by logging in as we know the emails can go astray . I know of around 15 accounts that are waiting.  I am checking with others to get a count on theirs

David Burton

When I did it, I didn't get a notification, but checked the Get My Data page every day. After about ten days (I think it was), when I checked the Get My Data page the giant downloadable .zip file was finally ready.

Dave

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 7:40 PM <morgandawn@...> wrote:
Thank you for the contact email. We all have been checking the GMD directly by logging in as we know the emails can go astray . I know of around 15 accounts that are waiting.  I am checking with others to get a count on theirs

Robert

I can confirm it took Yahoo 3-4 weeks in my case, I was on 5 or 6 boards. Kept checking Get My Data and it finally showed up. I did mine almost 2 months ago and would expect the lag will be worse now. So far all data looks good, but have not tried stitching my box files back together yet.

R B Tharp
rbtharp@...